Jen Alston Testimonial
PPOC welcomes photographers of all genres to join our community of dedicated photographers. Meet new friends and mentors and take advantage of the wealth of experience and knowledge.
PPOC offers photographers a way to rise to professional status. Educational opportunities, along with networking, direct member benefits and the ability to earn awards and designations will assist in your potential for growth and economic improvement.
Once you upgrade to an Accredited member, your personal area of specialty and images are promoted on our national website so clients and other photographers making referrals know who to contact.
Interested in becoming a professional in the most recognized photographic association in Canada? We encourage you to get connected.
Recognition as a Professional Photographer
- Accreditation (a national standard to show your clients what your specialties are)
- Image Competition (earn a spot in the National Salon Exhibition, win awards and promotional accolades)
- Photographic Arts Designations (rise to professional status with a PPOC designation)
- PPOC Website Listing (business listing and images searchable on the national website)
- Code of Ethics (give your clients confidence to choose you as their photographer)
- Community of Professionals (mingle and learn from other professionals)
- Sample Contracts and Documents (sample business contracts and wording for members use)
- Social Networking (member only Facebook page, national twitter and blog)
- Networking (like-minded professionals ready to help)
- Scholarships ($1,500 in educational scholarships each year)
- Legal Advice (complimentary legal advice for members using Harvard Western Insurance)
- Webinars (complimentary monthly webinars to enhance your education)
- Local Seminars and Workshops (attend local regional and/or branch educational seminars)
- Canadian Imaging Conference and Trade Show (member rate at the PPOC National Conference)
- Regional Conferences (member discounts - conferences not offered in all regions)
- Gallerie Magazine (electronically published three times a year, with a print edition delivered to the members)
- National eContact (monthly e-newsletter featuring information about PPOC and upcoming events)
- Regional eContact (monthly e-newsletter featuring information about your region and upcoming events)
- eCommerce (monthly e-newsletter featuring specials and information about Commercial Partners)
- PPOC Blog (member and assocation promotion and stories)
- Inspiration Salon Book (member Salon images promoted in a beautiful coffee table book)
Discounts or Preferred Rates
- Business Insurance (Harvard Western Insurance - 25% discount and small business insurance plan)
- Album First Order (Album Epoca - 50% first order discount - for new clients only)
- Canvas Discount (Canvas Plus - 50% off for PPOC members)
- Group Health and Dental Plan (Harvard Western Insurance - rates for self-employed photographers, Except Quebec)
- Car Rentals (Enterprise Car Rentals)
- Credit Card Vendor Fees (Paymentech Canada - preferred vendor rates for credit and debit cards)
- Leasing (National Leasing - preferred leasing rates for members, excluding Observers)
- Health Spending Account- SafePacific Financial -no set up fees and a 10% discount on administration fees for PPOC members and Commercial Partners.
- Royalty Free Music (Triple Scoop Music - annual free music licensing gift ($60 value) and 10% discount)
- Selected non-PPOC seminars (Member discounts available when offered by non-PPOC educational events)